All over the world, people everywhere celebrate their Irish heritage on March 17. Regardless of your heritage, you cannot deny that spring is in full swing. The days are now officially longer, and while it takes a few days to get used to, it marks the arrival of spring. It does not hurt that the weather is acting accordingly either!
Travel during the spring season is something that everyone should try. Throughout Europe, many locations offer warm sunny climates this time of year. On top of that, spring is also considered an "off" season by many people. I never really understood that. Here the list of top European travel destination:
1. Crete, Greece - This Greek Island is surrounded by the Mediterranean waters, and is one location that will keep you hot all year round with its vibrant nightlife and culture.
2. Ibiza, Spain - This well-known Spanish island is much more than crazy youngsters looking for a party are are. The island is actually quite beautiful, and will keep you entertained with things like scuba diving, fishing, and other outdoor adventures.
3. Naples, Italy - The entire Italian coastline could be a great spring destination. The cool ocean breezes are waiting to chill you out after a day exploring in the national parks located south of the city.
4. Palermo, Italy - Explore more of Sicily with a rental car in Palermo. The entire island is filled with small coastal villages that will keep you full on olives and local cheese. Sounds like fun!
5. Faro, Portugal - This Portuguese city located near the Spanish border is a very popular destination for many Europeans. You should check it out to see what you are missing before it is too busy. The good news is, April and May are full of all kinds of great deals for travelers, and the weather is perfect!
Sunday, September 1, 2013